Wednesday, July 4, 2012

June in Review

I had the craziest month. Staying at home with Simon was supposed to be relaxing for me in the last stretch of my pregnancy. But anyone who's parented a 4 year old would know that there is no such thing. The little people keep you going and going and going until you litterally can't see your swollen feet anymore and give up! This is now. I am pretty much on house arrest now... far too big, far too tired and totally intolerant to the heat. Not even tempted to step out of the house at this point.

'twas a fun time though...

First we went to the lake to my friend Caleigh's cottage and had a great time despite the rain:


We followed that with a trip to the far north to go see Daddy at our remote fishing lodge:


Both in their glory! Simon's very first fish which he caught with his brand new Spiderman rod. Daddy's little apprentice!

We went for a little hike and our tiny photograph ordered this awefully sweet picture of his parents. 


Though the trip was physically far too difficult for me, at least I didn't have to cook or clean for anyone. A glorious 8 days of reading and napping... just what the doctor ordered!

Simon and I hurried on back home. We simply couldn't miss Simon's last Pre-k school day at the Fun Farm:





The very next day (what was I thinking!) we celebrated Simon's 4th birthday:



Good friends, good times!

There were many days where we just stayed home and enjoyed the kiddy pool and sprinklers... and naps. But here's yet another afternoon of terribly hot weather spent at a local sprinkler parc with a little friend:


We also got hit with some really nasty weather. Crazy storms and tornado watch. There was a 24hrs blackout which for me, living in the country, means not only no power but no water either. On top of that a phone tower in our area got knocked down so I had no service at all... that's about the point I panicked and moved in with my in-laws... thank goodness for family!!

We had one more sunfilled day at the lake with grandma last Saturday:



That pretty much sums up June's busy schedule.  I feel so blessed. My icky and stressful work situation turned out to be an opportunity to spend more time with my son and have nothing but happy days waiting for the next big shift in our lives~

July, I swear, will be filled with occasional visits with friends, quiet dinners, lots of naps, books and movies. No more of this crazy running around business! I need to chill and learn to relax once and for all. In fact, we kicked off the month at the movies in stead of the Canada Day celebrations. See what a good girl I can be?! A little dose of Madagascar 3 (air conditioning included!) did this little duo some good!

I am also super thrilled that my very best friend Judith from Quebec City is coming to spend a week with me at the end of the month... I just have this feeling that her and I will experience something we never thought we'd do together! Hope daddy makes it back home in time... one way or another, Baby E is coming and this momma's very excited!

 Cheers,

4 comments:

CathB said...

HAHAHA! Some of Simon's face expressions in those pictures are hilarious. I was actually laughing out loud (at work...oups). Haha What a clown! And yay for Judith being there for you at the end of the month! Lucky her. Fingers crossed for daddy to make it too!! x0x good luck sista :)

CraftyCooky said...

Quel beau Post! J'ai le sourire aux lèvres et l'arme à l'oeil. J'aimerais être là avec vous à jouer. J'espère que Monsieur Homme le fera à temps.

Promis de ne pas te téléphoner cette fois-ci.
xxx
Bob X (almost 4)

Anonymous said...

Hé, salut ma belle. On s'ennuit de toi au bureau! Je ne sais pas comment te rejoindre autrement, mais j'ai d'autres revues à te donner pour t'aider à passer du temps au repos. Est-ce que je peux venir te visiter? Je suis assez libre ces jours-ci. Je ne sais pas si tu as accès à tes vieux courriels pour m'envoyer un message, mais j'aimerais bien venir de voir ....
Barb

Néné Gump said...

il est tellement beau mon petit Simon d'amour, je m'ennuie terriblement de lui. Vous me manquer beaucoup. Gros bisou. Vxx